Aerospace Product Acceptance Specialists
Aerospace Product Acceptance SpecialistsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is now hiring Aerospace Product Acceptance Specialists in Sylmar, California.
We offer a competitive pay rates and amazing employee benefits, alongside the opportunity to work with some truly incredible people.
- Verifies complex product conformance to design requirements using measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, comparators and microscopes to validate quantity, identity, damage, certification and conformance to specifications/drawings/standards
- Develops or assists in the development of inspection plans. Performs preliminary review and disposition of complex non-conformities
- Coordinates and conducts product review with customer during product or process verification
- May travel to supplier location to perform product inspections
- Identifies repetitive or significant non-conformances and initiates requests for corrective action
- Provides expertise and leadership to customers and team members in all areas of product verification and acceptance
- Works from drawings, approved sketches, and specifications to perform product inspections
- Maintains appropriate inspection records
- Is responsible to train and guide others on relevant receiving and inspection processes
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Minimum of 5 years performing complex mechanical, tool based, inspections
- Experience using measurement tools including as calipers, comparators, OMIS, micrometers, and microscope
- Must be able to understand drawings and specifications
- Must be able to read/write/understand and communicate in English
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
- Must have a valid California Driver’s license
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs. on a routine basis
- Must be able pass a visual acuity test
- Manual dexterity a must
- Must be able to sit and/stand up to 8 hours a day
- Working knowledge of Quality discipline, Statistical Techniques, Metrology and Calibration
- ASQ Certified Quality Technician, or ASQ Certified Mechanical Inspector experience
- Experience using SAP
- Able to comfortably speak with customers, suppliers, auditors, and others to communicate issues, findings, work scope, etc.
Not only is STS Technical Services widely considered one of the premiere staffing organizations in the country, we’ve also been honored with multiple awards recognizing us as innovators and leaders throughout the recruiting industry.
If you or someone you know is interested in learning more, we encourage you to share this post across your social media channels or simply apply on this page. For questions, please call 1-800-359-4787.