Aerospace Engineers IV
Aerospace Engineers IVSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aerospace Engineers IV in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Four year accredited undergraduate engineering degree required.
- Aeronautical/Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical preferred
- Must possess communication and technical credibility skills in at least one of the following areas: Structural Analysis, including Statics, Mechanics of Deformable Bodies, Materials Science and Fracture Mechanics; or Troubleshooting and corrective actions with cabin/aircraft/electrical systems. 15+ years of specific experience in the design and analysis of aircraft structure, system, avionics, and/or cabin, or repairs
- Ability to analyze incomplete information, make timely decisions, develop innovative solutions, and mitigate risks to both safety and the operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of engineering, maintenance, and planning
- Must be able to navigate and comprehend FAA and EASA regulations
- Candidate must be available for Delta’s Technical Operations on-site job training and business familiarization required during the initial period of employment
- Develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being
- Previous experience with aging aircraft structure
- At least 1 year of experience providing engineering support for line aircraft and live aircraft operations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Access) and AutoCAD/SolidWorks (or similar CAD software)
- SIDA Badge Required
- Develops, designs and produces repair, modification, process, and inspection documentation in support of worldwide maintenance activities.
- Assist and provide guidance in the assessment of structural, system, cabin, or avionics difficulties affecting line maintenance. This includes SRM/AMM navigation, IPC interchangeability, AD/Service Bulletin/modification status, and compliance to all FAA standards (Fuel Tank Safety CCDLs, EWIS requirements, CMRs and AWLs).
- Responsible to coordinate trouble shooting and corrective actions (repair, modification, and inspection instructions) with maintenance technicians, managers, and foremen to minimize impact to the operations.
- Responsible to always practice safety-conscious behaviors.
- Working hours based on operational requirements.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.