Aerospace Maintenance Technicians
Aerospace Maintenance TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is currently hiring Aerospace Maintenance Technicians in Englewood, Colorado.
Execute on company strategic goals in delivering a high standard of service for our clients in accordance with Minimum Standard of Performance as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To provide maintenance support for Part 135 and Repair Station operations for retail customers. This includes inspection and general maintenance duties, as well as daily housecleaning activities
- Performs maintenance, preventative maintenance or alteration of an aircraft or appliance, or a part thereof for which he is rated, in accordance with the FARs
- Documents aircraft discrepancies and repair actions, in accordance with the FARs
- Consults appropriate technical information for procedures, specifications & to determine feasibility of repair or replacement according to discrepancy
- Determines & requests parts required for repair of discrepancies
- Performs functional checks of aircraft systems; troubleshoots as required
- Advises Team Leader about task requirement & status
- Communicates turnover of tasks to oncoming technician in writing or verbally as required. Communicates in the same manner to the Team Leader
- Maintains a clean & safe work area
- Repairs, builds, and maintains shop equipment as required
- Performs inspection functions as assigned
- Supports medical operations as required
- Cooperate in conduct with the Safety Management System, and be instrumental with corrective action plans and preventative measures
- Ensure compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and organizational standards
- Identify deficiencies, develop, implement, and verify preventive and corrective measures
- Performs line service functions as required.
- Performs miscellaneous work as assigned.
- Ability to read instructions and accomplish tasks.
- Ability to work with hydraulic, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to understand and implement Federal regulations.
- Basic understanding of computers and software.
- Education or Formal Training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Airframe & Powerplant license
- 1 year aviation experience preferred
- Material and Equipment Directly Used
- Personal hand tools and sheet metal equipment
- Various hydraulic and electrical carts and aircraft specific tooling
- Windows based computer system
- Working Environment/Physical Activities
- Working environment includes area of moving mechanical parts, equipment & various chemicals
- Loud shop equipment & jet engines which at times require hearing protection
- Occasional exposure to human body fluids/tissue
- May need to wear a filtration mask
- Occasional to frequent periods of lifting, pushing or pulling over 25 & up to 100 pounds; frequent to continuous standing, reaching, stooping
- Random physical activity may require entering into a confined space
- Must have basic personal hand tools
We offer eligible employees and their families a comprehensive and competitive benefit package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for employees, their spouses, and dependents
- Wellness program
- Health savings account
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Short and long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Known Crew Member Program
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts
STS Techincal Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.