Aircraft Cabinet Finishers II
Aircraft Cabinet Finishers IISTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services now offers Aircraft Cabinet Finisher II jobs in Brunswick, Georgia!
Under general supervision, prepares and applies finishes to aircraft furniture using aircraft specifications, designs and engineering drawings with a high level of safety, quality, detail and productivity. Assists team members with greater experience to enhance techniques supportive of quality workmanship.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works under general supervision to prepare furniture for finish and disassembly using blueprints, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings
- Performs high quality repairs to various finished surfaces in the shop and aboard aircraft. Cleans and polishes blemishes as needed to prepare the aircraft for delivery. Applies finish to furniture using spray equipment and other manual/mechanical methods
- Uses various types of sandpapers, polishes, adhesives, masking mediums, solvents, finish materials, hand tools and various power tools to disassemble and finish furniture
- Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies
- Uses personal protective equipment to protect aircraft interior (PTP)
- Uses the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work
- Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma/GED. Two (2) years experience in wood finishing
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred
- Basic knowledge of cabinet finishing processes and products
- Possess a working knowledge of Gulfstream inspection and process specifications
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift
- Must be computer literate
What We Offer:
STS Technical Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry, offering hundreds of career opportunities across the United States. With over two decades of experience, we soar in our commitment to excellence and professionalism. We proudly offer competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances, and referral bonuses.
If you would like to speak with an Aviation Recruitment Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787. Our job placement services are always free, and we are open seven days a week. Reach out at any time! Thanks so much for your interest in working with STS Technical Services, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.