Aircraft Cabinet Finisher II
Aircraft Cabinet Finisher IISTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services now offers Aircraft Cabinet Finisher II jobs in Savannah, Georgia.
Under general supervision, prepares and applies finishes to aircraft furniture using aircraft specifications, designs and engineering drawings with a high level of safety, quality, detail and productivity. Assists team members with greater experience to enhance techniques supportive of quality workmanship.
- Works under general supervision to prepare furniture for finish and disassembly using blueprints, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings
- Performs high quality repairs to various finished surfaces in the shop and aboard aircraft
- Cleans and polishes blemishes as needed to prepare the aircraft for delivery
- Applies finish to furniture using spray equipment and other manual/mechanical methods
- Uses various types of sandpapers, polishes, adhesives, masking mediums, solvents, finish materials, hand tools and various power tools to disassemble and finish furniture
- Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies
- Uses personal protective equipment to protect aircraft interior (PTP)
- Uses the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work
- Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques
- Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma/GED
- Two (2) years experience in wood finishing
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred
- Basic knowledge of cabinet finishing processes and products
- Must be able to sand raw veneers
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.