Aircraft Composite Technicians
Aircraft Composite TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Composite Technicians in Mesa, Arizona.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops lay-up and assembly set-ups and techniques for the fabrication of composite structural and assemblies.
- Sets up and troubleshoots composite parts for assembly or layup.
- Assemblies or lays up parts and components.
- Identify nonconforming detail parts, assemblies and processes.
- Work with engineering to improve manufacturing processes.
- Develops lay-up and assembly processes, set-ups, and techniques.
- Sets up composites parts for fabrication; reads and interprets drawings, planning, process specifications, and other documents to understand tooling, materials, sequence of operations, techniques, and other factors required for fabrication.
- Assembles and repairs simple to complex composites parts and components within quality and time standards; performs metallic and nonmetallic assembly and sub assembly.
- May provide technical leadership: demonstrate and explain production operations; lead teams on assignments; check quality and quantity of work; troubleshoot fabrication problems and recommend solutions.
- Follows up with Production Control to ensure that resources are available.
- Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and nonconformances issues.
- Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges and scales.
- Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
- Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
- Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
- Reports job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
- Identifies production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the use of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of composite parts and assemblies.
- Knowledgeable of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo.
- This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Knowledgeable and able to interpret blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledgeable and able to apply shop math.
- Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications.
- Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of tasks.
- Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently.
- This job requires specialized vocational training and 1 to 3 years work related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This Job has potential coverage for 3 shifts.
- High School Diploma or GED
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.