Aircraft Painters (Levels III / IV)
Aircraft Painters (Levels III / IV)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services now offers Aircraft Painter (Levels III / IV) jobs in Springfield, Illinois.
- The Aircraft Painter prepares aircraft surfaces for painting by cleaning, scraping, sanding and treating metal surfaces with chemicals such as alumiprep and alodine. Applies aerodynamic sealer, and masks the aircraft using tapes and paper products (to protect windows, seals, struts, cables, etc.) in preparation for the paint process.
- Mixes, blends and thins paint products, per the manufacturers’ maintenance manual specifications.
- Applies paint to the aircraft interior and exterior surfaces. (Paints include: urethanes, acrylic urethanes, enamels, lacquers and epoxy paints.)
- Interprets specifications, color sketches, and instructions and plans sequences, and times the paint operation. This includes mixing ratios, surface preparation, papering and masking, drying time, number of coats, etc.)
- Maintains painting supplies and equipment, including spray guns, air hoses, pumps, paper, and tape.
- Applies registration number, external markings, placards, emergency borders, wing walks, etc. within regulations and specifications.
- Familiar with and understands composite and problem areas on a variety of corporate aircraft.
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other facilities as required.
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the department
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years related experience
- Requires knowledge of all types of paints and thinners. Must be qualified to prepare aircraft exteriors, interiors and panels for proper application of paint, as per set standards
- Is able to minimize rework through proficiency in paint preparation and application
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.