Aircraft Preparation Trainees
Aircraft Preparation TraineesSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is currently hiring Aircraft Prep Trainees in Savannah, Georgia
The A/C Prep Trainee works along side higher-level employees to assist with the preparation and painting of aircraft.
- Assists in the preparation of the exterior surfaces of aircraft for application of primer and topcoat
- Use various masking materials to protect windows, external probes, antennas, and other required areas
- Sand and wash the aircraft surface as directed
- Assist with and applies corrosion preventative materials to the aircraft
- Apply primer and sanding surfacer to aircraft
- Uses tools to sand primer and sanding surfacer in preparation for base coat
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies
- Use personal protective equipment as required
- Use (PTP) to ensure aircraft interior is protected
- Properly care for shop equipment and tools as assigned
- Comply with Paint shop standard practices
- Perform other duties as required
- A high school diploma or GED
- Paint experience in a technical environment or trade school preferred
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation
- Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification
- Ability to use tools, equipment, and materials in the aircraft painting process
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, perform close tolerance work, work in small spaces, and able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Experience may be offset by completion of Technical Certificate in paint and refinishing and/or successful completion in current year youth apprenticeship program sponsored by client, in area of expertise
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.