Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic II
Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic IISTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is offering Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic II jobs in Savannah, Georgia.
The Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic II works under general supervision to safely layout, fabricate and install parts, equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely perform sheet-metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft under general supervision. Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications
- Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents
- Utilizing proper tooling, shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information
- Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheet-metal functions. Use the proper hardware for various sheet metal applications
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Use personal protective equipment as required. Ensure aircraft interior is protected (PTP)
- Assist in monthly 5S audits
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work
- Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.)
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment and returns items to tool room after use
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed when operating ground support equipment
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags
- Ensure accurate daily job charging to the aircraft
- Exchange job related information and coordinate work activities between shifts through turn over report meetings and direct contact with leadership
- Assist in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have aircraft sheet metal, aircraft sheet-metal layout, aircraft fabrication, and installation experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two (2) years experience of sheet metal and/or fabrication experience
- Valid Driver’s License required
- A working knowledge of sheet-metal installation and fabrication processes (measuring, cutting, bending, forming, and drilling of aluminum sheet stock, angle and honeycomb) is required
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation
- Valid drivers license required. to operate towing and other transportation equipment
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with sheetmetal installation and fabrication work
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift
- Must have a good working knowledge of computers and experience working with Microsoft Office suite
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.