Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics
Aircraft Sheet Metal MechanicsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services offers Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic jobs in Hayden, Idaho.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
- Performing MX and inspection in MRO environment on Regional Turbo-Prop aircraft, mostly ATR42/72 and Saab340
- Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications
- Reinstall repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or welding, using clamps and wrenches
- Read work orders, blueprints, and specifications or examine sample or damaged parts of structures to determine repairs or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations
- Locate and mark dimension and reference lines on defective or replacement parts, using templates, scribes, compass, and steel rule
- Cure bonded structures, using portable or stationary curing equipment
- Communicate with other workers to fit and align heavy parts or expedite processing of repair parts
- Clean, strip, prime, and sand structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding
- Repair or fabricate defective sections or parts, using metal fabricating machines, saws, brakes, shears, and grinders
- Remove or cut out defective parts or drill holes to gain access to internal defects or damages, using drill and punch
- Other duties may be assigned
- Airframe (“A”) License is preferred, but will accept unlicensed if strong experience is there
- A&P license not required, but must have at least 3 years aviation sheet metal experience
- Must be able to accomplish any and all repairs, modifications, E.A.’s, etc, with very little to no assistance
- Must be able to use the FAA approved data proficiently (i.e., IPC, M/M, OHM, SRM)
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid clear driver’s license
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.