Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics
Aircraft Sheet Metal MechanicsSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics in Springfield, Illinois.
- The Sheet Metal Worker performs internal and external sheet metal repairs and modifications to all aircraft serviced at the facility. Researches and develops repair schemes using blueprints, engineering orders, service bulletins, and other technical publications. Fabricates various sheet metal parts in their entirety by interpreting blueprints, calculating angles, diameters, and bend allowances, and then cutting shaping, and forming the part. May assist Sheet Metal Crew Chiefs.
- Performs structural aircraft repairs using appropriate sheet metal techniques and fasteners. Builds up surfaces and structures to specifications. Installs Service Bulletin kits using parts and instructions provided by O.E.M
- Plans and develops schemes for sheet metal repairs and/or modifications by utilizing blueprints, sketches, service bulletins, OEM or government specifications, engineering orders or other technical publications.
- Uses precision measuring instruments to accomplish sheet metal repairs or modifications, (i.e. micrometers, calipers, surface plates, protractors, combination squares, etc.)
- Sets up and uses sheet metal equipment such as power brakes, presses, saws, rollers, etc.
- Constructs dollies, jigs, and special tools as required.
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a “sign-off”) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Accomplishes Service Bulletins, Repair Letters, and Airworthiness Directives as required.
- Reads and interprets maintenance manuals, blueprints, technical manuals, and schematic diagrams when required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting, and continuously improving company policies and procedures
- Works fair share of overtime
- Observes all safety, environmental, and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the department.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Sheet metal training preferred. This training may take the form of military training or technical school training.
- 3+ years civilian or military aircraft sheet metal experience.
- Proven mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Proven experience using a variety of hand and power tools, including precision measurement tools (micrometers, calipers, protractors, etc.).
- Prior experience operating sheet metal machinery to fabricate units with complex contours and multiple angles.
- Must know how to calculate, bend and perform roll allowances
- Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written. Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
About Our Client:
When you work at StandardAero, you’re not just an employee, you’re part of a vibrant company of like-minded people, all working collaboratively towards the same goals. We succeed as a team because we value the unique contributions and perspectives of all of our people, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence. It’s a culture that promotes mutual respect and effective communications to create an environment of stability, shaping the organization and forging a successful future. Our goal is to be the best place to work, giving each and every employee the opportunity to reach their maximum potential through continuous learning and advancement opportunities, allowing all team members to exceed their potential and empower everyone’s success.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 7,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues approaching $4 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to Christel.Radvansky@ststechnicaljobs.com