Aircraft Structural Mechanics
Aircraft Structural MechanicsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services offers Aircraft Structural Mechanics jobs in San Antonio, Texas.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
- Able to read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, technical manuals, written instructions, test procedures, etc.
- Able to setup and use a variety of precision measuring instruments such as: dial indicators, micrometers, gauges, protractors, and calipers, etc.
- Able to use common hand tools such as: drills, reamers, deburrers, files, rivet guns, bucking bars, etc.
- Able to assemble aircraft structures and associated components with the aid of jigs and fixtures by drilling, filing, filling, honing, reaming, counter-sinking, dimpling, burring and fastening.
- With limited supervision, able to perform close tolerance assembly operations such as: shimming, fitting, trimming, and aligning where variances may occur considerably from one assembly to another as with fairings and the mating of major structural assemblies.
- Able to replace ribs, stiffeners, stringers in skinned assemblies establishing from blueprints with firm callouts, butt, center, chord, station and water lines.
- Able to pick up blind hole locations for blank parts from existing structure. Also able to correct cans, buckles, wrinkles in outer skins Able to operate such equipment as brakes, grinders, band saws, and presses.
- With limited supervision, able to identify different types of corrosion, clean and treat corrosion, remove damaged areas, fabricate parts to repair damaged area, determine rivet patterns, layouts, etc.
- Able to effectively communicate, orally and written, with other employees, members of management, and others, as required in their duties.
- Able to clearly document maintenance and repair actions, equipment status tags, logs, parts requests, etc.
- Able to perform assigned duties while wearing required safety equipment.
- Able to perform assigned duties on all shifts without encumbrances due to weather or physical location and conditions.
- Order parts, pan stock, tools, materials, and equipment as required to perform assigned duties.
- Responsible for complying with all rules and regulations concerning health and safety, tool control, contracts, facilities and other pertinent coverages.
- Performs other duties as directed by management for the benefit of the company, program, or employee(s).
- Must have at least two years of recent and relevant experience
- A high-school degree is required
- Must be able to work for any employer in the United States
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.