Aircraft Support Mechanics II
Aircraft Support Mechanics IISTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Support Mechanics II in Atlanta, Georgia!
- The Aircraft Support Mechanic – Avionics is part of the Component Maintenance team within TechOps.
- In this role, you will perform or assist in the disassembly, cleaning, repair, assembly, and testing of aircraft components to help ensure safe, on-time departures of our client’s fleet of aircraft and the fleet of other companies who have selected our client as their maintenance provider.
- You will be expected to utilize appropriate tools, chemicals, and equipment safely to effectively and efficiently accomplish shop/aircraft related functions.
- You will be required to learn all maintenance utility processes and functions within the shop and be willing to help out where necessary.
- This requires that you be a team player and actively participate in identifying process improvements and cost savings initiatives.
- To be selected for this position, you must have a working knowledge, understanding, and familiarization with approved manuals and procedures.
- In addition, you must have the knowledge of and ability to perform appropriate computer functions in order to provide documentation to ensure that maintenance records, parts tracking and costs are accurately recorded.
- You will be required to adhere to all of our client’s policies and standards.
- Please note this position is subject to 24/7 operations to include shift, weekend and holiday coverage.
- Safety is our client’s number one priority; therefore, all of our client’s employees practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational process and procedures.
- The Aircraft Support Mechanic – Avionics position requires a high school diploma or equivalent is required as well as at least six (6) months of acceptable mechanical experience or appropriate technical training.
- Candidates who have graduated from high school with a vocational diploma or other diploma that includes a minimum of six (6) units of study (2-3 years) in a major vocational field will be considered.
- The acceptable vocational fields are: automotive, sheet metal and electrical/electronics.
- To be considered based on high school vocational qualifications, candidates must provide copies of their high school transcripts listing courses, grades and credits.
- Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, HVAC, and pneumatic disciplines as they apply to aircraft systems is required.
- Candidates must pass job related tests which are designed to determine aptitudes and abilities to perform essential job functions.
- Tests are administered based on our client’s protocol and procedures.
- While this is not a comprehensive list, some tests will cover the ability to read electronic schematics, identify electronic components, discuss electronic circuit operation, and operate analog and digital.
- Any certifications in EPA refrigerants or experience are preferred.
- This position requires the ability to read and write English and the ability to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- This position also requires candidates meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions including the ability to lift at least 70 pounds.
- As required by the FAA for all persons in safety-sensitive positions, candidates selected for this position are required to pass an extensive background check, drug test, and hearing test.
What We Offer:
STS Technical Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry, offering hundreds of career opportunities across the United States. With over two decades of experience, we soar in our commitment to excellence and professionalism. We proudly offer competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances, and referral bonuses.
If you would like to speak with an Aviation Recruitment Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787. Our job placement services are always free, and we are open seven days a week. Reach out at any time! Thanks so much for your interest in working with STS Technical Services, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.