Aircraft Technical Writers
Aircraft Technical WritersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Technical Writers in Ypsilanti, Michigan.
Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years experience in aircraft technical writing and publications, extensive experience with Microsoft Office and a FAA Airframe and Powerplant License preferred but not required.
Functions include but are not limited to:
- Aircraft Technical Writing and Operation of these areas shall be in accordance with company and FAA standards.
- Maintains a high degree of independence in enforcement and promotion of Quality Control programs relating to aircraft records.
- Insures effective coordination and communication with other sections and departments.
- Provides requested manuals or copies of documents to the FAA in response to any questions, which may arise concerning the company’s maintenance program.
- Incorporate approved revision requests into the applicable maintenance publications. Ensure that these revisions are completed in a timely basis.
- Create new maintenance publications as directed by the Quality Control Department, using the appropriate FAA regulations and/or manufacturers data as a references
- Maintain files of all revised data.
- Will produce, distribute and track all revised publications
- Will work collaboratively with the Engineering Department for the inclusion of ICA’S (Inspection for Continued Airworthiness) into supplemental manuals.
- When times permits at the discretion of the Director of Quality Control will work in Airframe and Powerplant Inspection / records capacity.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Quality Department
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.