Aircraft TechniciansSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Technicians in Savannah, Georgia.
- FAA Regulated: Yes
- Shift: Multiple shifts available
- Unique Skills: A team player with a willingness to learn. Needs to have Basic computer skills can work second shift with good hand eye coordination. Experience sewing or have worked in an upholstery shop either doing cars, boats or home furnishing a major plus but willing to train right person.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Multiple levels available.
- Entry level – 2 years’ aviation maintenance experience or 4 years of aviation maintenance experience to include 2 years of experience working on mid/large size aircraft.
- Experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades is preferred.
Under moderate supervision fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
- Perform technical upholstery functions within design, customer, FAA, and Gulfstream specifications. Specific installation and trim tasks are to be completed in compliance with work order instructions and specifications.
- Fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, windows, cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads, fabricate various metal parts, and covering and installation of panels.
- Create carpet patterns per design drawings and complete installation. .
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
- Must be computer literate.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to Adrienne.Mattson@sts-ts.com