A&P Mechanics II
A&P Mechanics IISTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring A&P Mechanics II in Augusta, Georgia.
The A&P Mechanic is responsible for performing routine maintenance and major inspections on turbofan powered aircraft.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Removes and re-installs engines from turbofan and turboprop powered aircraft
- Performs operational checks and engine runs to ensure air-worthiness prior to departure
- Inspects aircraft in accordance with OEM Light or Heavy Maintenance manuals
- Evaluates removed components for serviceability and documents discrepancies (squawks)
- Re-installs and tests components after completed inspection
- Troubleshoots and repairs all airframe systems as required (hydraulics, landing gear, etc). May perform fuel tank sealing on aircraft
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner
- Accomplishes Service Bulletins, Repair Letters, and Airworthiness Directives as required
- Reads and interprets maintenance manual procedures, blueprints, technical manuals, and schematic diagrams when required
- Analyzes a variety of mechanical problems and determines the cause and best method of repair
- Tests operation and repairs/adjusts, as required: engines, engine controls and accessories, propellers and controls, landing gear, hydraulic systems and servicing, and flight controls, and adjusts rigging as required
- Checks and repairs fuel, oil, oxygen, heating, cooling and pressurization systems
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A valid FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience performing inspections and routine maintenance on Dassault Falcon Jet aircraft required
- Factory authorized training on assigned aircraft or engine is preferred
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted; stand a minimum of 8 hours per day and walk long distances; bend, stretch, crawl, and climb ladders in order to work on areas within the aircraft that are difficult to access
- Must be able to work outside in extremes of temperature and inclement weather
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.