STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Assemblers in Union Grove, Wisconsin.
Pick parts for assembly orders. Keep proper paperwork with parts and deliver to the next’s operation. Prepare parts for sub-assembly or assembly. Reduce damage of picked parts utilizing proper containers. Work procedures are standardized and instructions given on variations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow Sop for picks to assure products are picked for assembly
- List shortages as required on computer of hard copy reports
- Safe operation of forklift and/or other material handling items such as reach or boom trucks
- Prior to using forklift must perform operations and safety check
- Perform transactions in the “star” system to allow for tracking of units in assembly
- Responsible for picking proper parts and requirements as call out on paperwork
- Deliver kits to assembly or pre-assembly once properly picked
- Follow SOP for kanban cards to assure proper replenishment
- Works with others to assure that rush orders are prioritized
- Notify line leads or managers of parts not in system of any shortages
- Notify materials of inventory that is off in the system
- Recognize defective or faulty workmanship and report issues to department lead immediately
- Keep work area and equipment clean and orderly (5s standard)
- Work in a safe manner and follow all safety rules and procedures to ensure personal safety as well as safety of co-workers
- When limited/no work in area, may provide assistance to other departments as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Lifting up to a maximum of 40 lbs
- Frequent bending and lifting at the knees
- Twisting frequently at waist and shoulder levels
- Standing continuously
- Frequent reaching out in front of body
- Capable of wearing safety glasses with permanent side shields at all times
- Capable of wearing steel-toed safety shoes at all times
- Capable of wearing other PPE as required
- Work in repetitive in nature
- Sufficient visual acuity to read instructions, safely operate equipment (including forklift), and ensure work meets standards
- Sufficient manual dexterity to safely operate forklift and properly perform work
- Manual dexterity sufficient to perform work
- 2 years of High School but a High School Diploma or GED is preferred
- Ability to perform to verbal instructions, as well as read/write English and interpret all packaging documents including but not limited to: bills of material, blueprints, test information and customer instructions
- Ability to use a variety of material handling equipment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a team with others at all levels of the organization.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.