AssemblersSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Assemblers in Ridgeland, South Carolina.
Actively seeking motivated individuals that have a desire to make an impact to work as an Assembler within a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
This is a DIRECT HIRE role with competitive compensation and benefits.
In this role, you will be a valuable part of our production team, ensuring our production quotas are met in a timely fashion while observing the highest standards of safety and quality.
- Position and fasten together truck subassemblies including frames, axles, powertrains, cabs, electrical components, hydraulic systems and air systems.
- Bolts, screws, clips, or otherwise fastens together parts to form subassemblies, such as doors, seats, instrument control panels, steering columns, and axle units.
- Installs mechanical and electrical components and systems, such as engine, transmission, and axle units; pumps; wire harnesses; instrument control panels; and exhaust, brake, and air-conditioning systems.
- Performing any combination of following repetitive tasks according to specifications and using hand tools, power tools, and production
- Rotate through multiple stations on a shift.
- Work from shop orders, specifications, prints and work instructions.
- Make every effort to increase productivity and efficiency without compromising quality.
- Review material and product requirements.
- Verify quality of own work by performing industry approved quality assurance tests at all levels.
- Understanding, proficiency, and safe use of overhead cranes and rigging techniques.
- Understanding safety and environmental compliance of the department. Actively participates in safety
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities within the departments.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma.
- Minimum 2 years’ work related experience.
- Experience in manufacturing environment.
- Math and blueprint reading skills.
- Must be able to read tape measure.
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule and prompt arrival for shift.
- They must be familiar with, set up and be able to operate hand and power tools.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Must be able to participate in Lean principles and continuous improvement activities.
- Lift/Push/Pull- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Climbing- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Stooping- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching/Crawling/Reaching – Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one
work site to another.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performing mechanical tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.