Avionics & Electrical Technicians II
Avionics & Electrical Technicians IISTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Avionics & Electrical Technicians II in Savannah, Georgia.
Provides technical expertise in testing aircraft systems, troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact. Demonstrates technical expertise by implementing process changes to reduce cost and meet schedule without compromising safety or quality. May fill in for the Senior Avionics/Electrical Technician thus ensuring that the company goals of safety and quality are enforced at all times while adhering to daily work plans to maintain schedule requirements.
- Demonstrates technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting
- Performs the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems on aircraft per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system
- Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems
- Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity
- Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring
- Performs and complies with engineering changes and modifications as required
- Sets up and operates necessary test equipment
- Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability
- Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection
- Tests and maintains test equipment, electronic systems, and components
- Complies with the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations
- Adapt to sudden schedule changes
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School graduate/GED
- A & P license, FCC license or NCATT certification preferred
- Four (4) years experience in an avionics/electrical career field; or two (2) years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics and two (2) years related experience
- Must have demonstrated live aircraft AV/EL troubleshooting experience
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.