STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics Technicians in Marana, Arizona.
To perform functions assigned in the inspection, testing, adjusting, assembly, disassembly, repair, cleaning, and calibration of aircraft avionics equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Researches technical data and performs inspection, testing, adjusting, and repairing of avionics equipment, such as radar, radio, navigation, auto pilot, and compass systems, installed in aircraft in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Accomplished maintenance actions are concisely and accurately recorded on repair station and/or customer provided approved documents.
- Inspects components of avionics equipment for defects, such as loose connections and frayed wire, and for accuracy of assembly and installation.
- Tests avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness, using test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, digital meters and counters, and circuit analyzers.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces defective components based on analysis of test results, following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents.
- Calibrates installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Performs maintenance duties away from base on temporary duty.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
- Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management.
- Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
- Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines.
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills.
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to interpret and apply technical data.
- Ability to operate applicable equipment.
- Ability to work with or without supervision.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required.
- One to three years experience in related aircraft avionics preferred.
- A or A&P License and/or FCC License preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.