Blasters / Painters
Blasters / PaintersSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Blasters / Painters in Ridgeland, South Carolina.
TICO is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of Terminal Tractors with more than 5000 vehicles in operation around the world. Manufacturing Facility in Ridgeland, SC. TICO is the industry leader in product innovations, new technologies, and exceeding customer expectations. Our vision is to have the most competent workforce available. We are proud to provide excellence in our products and invite you to join our team.
Operate hand-operated pressurized spray blasting equipment and a sand/metal mixture to prepare metal surfaces of terminal tractors and trailers, including small parts, for painting to meet specifications in a timely manner under limited supervision.
- Utilize work order to obtain parts to be blasted.
- Load blasting equipment with sand/metal blasting material.
- Load items to be blasted into blast booth, utilizing forklift and hand cranes.
- Operate pressurized equipment to spray a sand/metal mixture on metal surfaces of terminal tractor and trailer parts, including small parts.
- Move blasted materials, utilizing forklifts and/or hand-operated cranes into staging areas or paint booths for painting. Leave work order on the pallet for the painter.
- Assist painters with paint booth loading.
- Rake residual blast material into auger. Clean and maintain blasting equipment.
- Perform painting on terminal tractors and trailers, and parts, as required. Sand and pre-wrap terminal tractors for final painting.
- Dispatch completed tractors off assembly line to staging area, paint booth, or to the yard.
- Perform daily inspection of the blast equipment. Notify Maintenance of any deficiencies.
- Clean shop area and remove trash.
- Comply with Company/agency policy/regulations, and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Wear all required personal protection equipment during the performance of job duties.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Lift/Push/Pull- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Climbing- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Stooping- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching/Crawling/Reaching – Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of work-related experience applicable to core responsibilities with demonstrated continuous improvement ability
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to Braeden.Christian@ststechnicaljobs.com