Buyers (REQ #29758)
Buyers (REQ #29758)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Buyers in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Perform process engineering in order to identify areas of opportunity to streamline the end-to-end process.
- Train suppliers on new processes and educate stations on ways to reduce time on the end-to-end process.
- Lead in improving the supply process with their assigned suppliers
- Perform supply planning and have an active role in assessing supplier reliability while working with the supplier regarding their capacity and determining network routes.
- Communicate operational requirements and costs early in the development and sourcing process.
- The requirements include: decision of introduction method (soft, hard, or hybrid cutover), launch and replenishment forecast, needed supplier and safety capacity.
- Cost assessment includes projecting total life costs based on source country and cost to deliver to the end location including product price, duties, inventory levels, transport, expected write-offs, etc.
- Create and lead cross-organizational product launch and sunset plans.
- Finalize the supply network design and setup inventory locations, levels, global routing, modes of transport, re-order frequencies, and order minimums.
- Monitor and adjust inventory parameters to account for operational realities and changes in the business as needed.
- This will include at times re-forecasting, root cause analysis, process changes, and resolving performance issues with suppliers and other service providers. •
- Train suppliers on our client’s replenishment methods and tools.
- Lead improvement projects across the supply chain to reduce lead-times, order pattern variability, and waste.
- Practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Must be COVID-19 vaccinated, have 1st COVID-19 vaccination shot or willing to take COVID-19 vaccination.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, IT, business management, or related field is preferred but not required.
- Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- At least 18 months-2 years in a materials, inventory, or demand planning role is required.
- At least 12 months previous buying or purchasing experience
- Excellent data analytical skills, at least 18-24 months analytical experience is required—able to pull together and combine data from disparate sources to analyze and summarize into recommendations and actions.
- High proficiency in Excel and other database query or reporting tools is required.
- 1 year experience in leading cross-organization launch planning and execution or organizational improvement project.
- Formal project management in other domains also applies.
- Excellent communication skill including presentations, training, and cross-organization problem resolution.
- 5-15% domestic and international travel is required.
- Knowledge and application of Theory of Constraints and Lean is preferred.
- Knowledge and use of SAP is preferred.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.