STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring CMM Programmers in South Milwaukee, Wisconsin!
Coordinate measuring machine (CMM) programmers create inspection programs for coordinate measuring machines, devices that measures objects’ physical characteristics such as dimensions and other geometrical qualities. The machine is used during First piece, in process and final inspection CMM programmer’s responsibility is to ensure the machine is properly working through programming scripts and tests. A high school diploma or equivalent is generally the minimum educational requirement for this position. A CMM programmer must know how to use these programs, such as Zeiss Calypso Software and AutoCAD. A working knowledge of statistics and data analysis are useful in this position, as this job requires the programmer to analyze testing data to ensure the machine if functioning properly.
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Operator and Programmer Tasks
- Determine program requirements based on design and engineering requirements
- Ensure that precision machinery is in working condition and properly calibrated
- Operate precision machinery as needed
- Write or edit programs for precision machinery
- Operate CMM in a manner that is safe, analyzing product and meeting production expectations set forth by immediate supervisor
- Measure and inspect parts with best and most practical methods whether using a CMM, Manual inspection tools, visual inspections or any method that will produce accurate results and best efficiencies
- Program CMM for new parts, processes to insure quality product during setup, in-process and final inspections
- When needed, train quality technician on how to operate a CMM
- Save CMM programs to server for follow on requirements
- Support needs of production personnel
- Be team leader and work as a team member to insure quality product and efficiencies
- Look to continuous improvement of processes and job performance
- Work with programmers and set up personnel for any technical issues or trouble shooting when needed
- Document work in regards to in-process inspection plans, FAI documents, calibration records, etc.
- Understands and can interpret customer drawings, parts lists, ECOs, including strong GD&T skills is a must
- 2 years experience operating, programming and maintaining a CMM
- 3 years experience using, calibrating and setting of manual inspection devices such as bore gauges, micrometers (various kinds), dial indicators, height gauges, thread and pin gauges, microscopes for visual inspection, profilometers, optical comparators and Rockwell testers
- Experienced working in a CNC environment with multi axis machining
- AS9100 exp is a plus
- Offline programming experience and ability to program using fixturing in a manner for ease of set up and operator use
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.