CNC Gear Cutters
CNC Gear CuttersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring CNC Gear Cutters in Liberty, South Carolina!
Under the direction of the supervisor, the Gear Cutter sets up, adjusts and operates a variety of gear hobbing equipment to cut gears, gear shafts and spline shafts having close tolerances and finish requirements according to specified dimensions and company quality standards.
- Read machining instructions or work plans to determine machine settings, fixtures and hobs to use, and gear specifications such as dimensions and tolerances. Speed, feed and operating sequence are provided
- Install specified tooling and combinations of change gears to provide feeds and speeds compatible with gear sizes, material variations and cutting or hobbing conditions
- Mount and secure gear blanks on arbors or fixtures; orient teeth to establish reference starting points
- Set feed rates and rotation speeds of hob and work piece according to machining instructions
- Operate gear hobber or shaper cutter; make adjustments as needed. Add a flow of coolant to process to maintain the proper temperature of the work piece. Frequently operate multiple gear hobbing machinery
- Make hob and cutter changes on standard operations with standard tooling
- Use indicator, micrometer, and other standard and special precision inspection equipment to set up, adjust and check dimensions
- Notify supervisor of any machine or quality problems
- Maintain gear hobbing and shaper cutting equipment; perform preventive maintenance as needed
- Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations
- High School Diploma or GED
- Requires one to three years of trades training or equivalent experience and two to four years of related machining experience
- Requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and percent
- Requires the ability to operate various equipment
- Requires a knowledge of gear principles, tooling, material characteristics, machine shop procedures, abrasives and general machining practices
- Requires the ability to read specifications and gauges and to complete standard production documentation
- Requires ability to operator a forklift truck and the ability to lift up to 40 lbs
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.