CNC Lathe Operators
CNC Lathe OperatorsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring CNC Lathe Operators in Liberty, South Carolina!
Set-up and operate equipment and fixtures in the turning area. Processes that are included are drilling, facing, turning and other machining functions. Responsible for the proper selection of tooling and fixturing. Setting up a variety of jobs on similar equipment. Program edits from programs produced by others. Manually operate machines to perform machining functions as well as equipment care and basic maintenance.
- Set Up and operates CNC lathes and related equipment where programs, fixtures, and methods have been developed
- Makes all edits and adjustments as required to produce parts to work orders/blue print specifications/sketches
- The ability to operate more than one machine when required
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of feeds and speeds and a working knowledge of cutting tools and their application
- Inspects work for all dimensional features as required
- Produces quality and quantity of work in accordance with Company requirements. Capable of performing precision machining
- Responsible for accurately completing paperwork relating to counts, scrap, time, etc according to Company policy
- Performs duties exercising good machining practices at all times
- Maintains area, equipment, and tooling in a neat, orderly condition including operator maintenance sheets
- Maintains coolant tanks and fills as necessary
- Trains, guides and assists other employees as required
- Observes all Company policies, rules, and regulations including good housekeeping, safety and security
- Recognize defective or faulty workmanship and report issues to department lead
- Communicate with co-workers regarding production runs
- Work with company to identify, reduce, eliminate waste and lower costs
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures
- Keep work area and equipment clean and orderly (5s standard)
- Work in a safe manner and follow all safety rules and procedures to ensure personal safety as well as safety of co-workers
- When limited/no work in area, may provide assistance to other departments as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to perform to verbal instructions as well as read/write English documents including but not limited to: specifications, route sheets, blueprints, charts, test information, bills of material
- Candidates must be proficient in first piece inspection, off-sets and tool changes
- Ability to use power and hand tools, gauges, testing devices to properly run area
- Some knowledge of feeds, speeds, materials, and work-holding devices (fixtures, arbors, jaws, etc.), as well as understanding of production processes
- Solid basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, ratios)
- Basic understanding of machinery and its purposes/capabilities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to accurately record daily production
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.