CNC Programmer II
CNC Programmer IISTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services now offers CNC Programmer II jobs in Naples, Florida.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
This position performs machine setups and manufactures machined parts and develops programs for computer based numerically controlled machine shop equipment to perform standard metal cutting, shaping and stamping operations.
- Write or make program using virtual Gibbs including indexing for any CNC Mill
- Set up CNC Milling/Lathe machines and run parts as needed
- Inspect own work and perform quality checks to ensure conformance to engineering drawings
- Accurately read and understand engineering drawings, CNC programs, and work instructions to ensure proper set up requirements, sequence operations, dimensions, and tolerance levels of finished product.
- Perform inspection of own work, as well as, other’s work in the department
- Perform hand finishing including, for example, deburring, chamfering, and sanding both manually and/or with pneumatic/electric tools as required.
- Recommends changes to improves efficient and reduce costs
- Adhere to AS9100 and ISO procedures and compliance
- Complete all required trainings including but not limited to S.H.E. (Safety, Health, and Environmental), Ethics, Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking, Quality and all performance/product related training
- Additional duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed at any time with or without notice
- Technical degree and at least 5 years directly related experience.
- Above average to expert knowledge of reading blueprints.
- Solid CNC Set-up machining background.
- GibbsCAM experience preferred.
- Work in close tolerance + .0002 Lathes and + .0005 Mill.
- Ability to use measuring tools such as micrometers, verniers, and calipers.
- Self-starter capable of dealing with a variety of tasks in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to give machining instructions to others.
- High standard of attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of cutting tools and machines throughout the department.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and self-govern daily activities.
- Attention to detail and math skills required.
- Must have excellent people skills and communicate effectively.
- Proficiency in computer office programs (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
- Understanding of ITAR and EAR regulations.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.