Component Engineers – Technologist & Test
Component Engineers – Technologist & TestSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Component Engineers – Technologist & Test in Denver, Colorado!
Seeking a Component Engineer who will be responsible for reviewing requests for component testing to assure that specified testing can satisfy the program requirements, validating supplier test processes and equipment for up-screened COTs components, generating Test and Qualification Specifications for all new, custom, or COTS component parts, and generating screening and qualification reports and summaries for customer and peer review.
This person will be responsible for maintaining an in depth understanding of the manufacturers technologies and process capabilities for the part types that they are responsible for, assigning inventory part numbers and constructing standardized descriptions for new parts, reviewing requests for new components to assure that a current part can satisfy the requirements, establishing and maintaining a specification system for off-the-shelf parts, generating specifications for new custom component parts, coordinating failure analysis and corrective activities on component parts, and maintaining the Approved Parts List (APL) and Approved Manufacturers list AML and assigning new inventory part numbers.
Job Description / Requirements:
- Establishing standard titles for components
- Maintaining current descriptions to the standard format
- Flagging obsolete parts
- Consolidating duplicate parts and reducing inventory
- Assisting design engineers in the selection of parts that best fit their requirements
- Value engineering (cost reduction)
- Component End of Life (EOL)
- Lead-time and Pricing analysis
- Working with Factory on E&O (Excess & Obsolete) component Inventories
- Risk Management – Alert of Obsolete or Change of Cost Effectively because of EOL or PCN notice
- Participating in design reviews for the purpose of component selection and standardization, and authorizing ECOs (Engineering Change Orders) written against component and specifications
- This person may act as a GIDEP representative or review GIDEP Alerts for program impact, and will be a member of Material Review Board (MRB) and change implementation board
- Travel for this position would be between 20-50%
- Ideally, this candidate will have a BSEE and 3+ years of experience
- An AAS or equivalent is required
To learn more about this position and to speak to a Recruitment Professional directly, simply call 1-720-446-2688.
We’d be more than happy to assist you in any way we can!