Electrical Assembly Technicians
Electrical Assembly TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Electrical Assembly Technicians in Jacksonville, Florida!
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations. Analyze processes and process improvement. May be responsible for distributing activities and goals, coordinate and guide technical support groups. Assist with new operators, as well as assist in processes analysis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables
- Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws
- Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed
- May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications
- May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions
- Follows approved assembly procedures for component or aircraft structures consulting original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s) technical data, and work package instructions
- Positions and aligns subassemblies in jigs or fixtures, using measuring instruments, following blueprint lines and index points
- Inspects completed work to identify any needed rework before signing off; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances
- Performs serviceability tests as required, utilizing test equipment specified in technical manuals
- Completes work package documentation as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED required
- A&P and mechanical/electrical experience desired
- Structures experience desired
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience with assembly, mechanical, electrical or aircraft structures as well as able to use all tech data and aircraft drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs
- Proficient in riveting, installation of relate hardware, usage of precision instruments and utilization of hand tools to perform these tasks
- Reads work orders, blueprints, and specifications or examines sample or damaged part or structure to determine repair or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations
- Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Be proficient in the usage of air powered hand tools and related equipment
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Ability to work flexible hours if required
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.