Electrical Product Engineers
Electrical Product EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Electrical Product Engineers in Charlotte, North Carolina!
Must be willing to work in one of company’s physical locations of Columbia, SC, Ludington, MI, Fairmont, MN, or Charlotte, NC.
Position Summary and Primary Responsibilities:
In this hands-on role, you’ll be collaborating with team members from the production floor to improve quality, manufacturability, and cost. As Electrical Product Engineer, you will travel by commercial airline and automobile both domestically and internationally, approximately 15% of the time.
- As Electrical Product Engineer you will conceive, design, develop, document, and analyze machine and systems designs, and develop methods to improve robustness, reliability, and costs of existing designs
- You’ll make design trade-offs to ensure lowest overall cost, highest reliability and best in class performance
- You’ll review design specifications to establish customer requirements, interacting with Product Management and directly with customers
- You’ll execute and/or support the preparation of all related documentation for new products
- In this role, you’ll lead projects to expand product offerings, introducing new and emerging technologies into our products
- Working across functions, you will work with vendors to source and evaluate purchased components and with manufacturing to produce or assemble components and assemblies
- You will have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology coupled with 3+ years of experience designing heavy equipment
- Preferred qualifications include, knowledge of DC power with distributed I/O modules; and AC motors, experience using CAD software (E3 and Solid Edge preferred), and TeamCenter PLM software
- Experience in machine design in heavy mobile equipment with a system-oriented design approach would be ideal
- You’ll enjoy working in a highly matrixed manufacturing environment with a variety of people and will be able to communicate complex technical information effectively to any audience
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.