STS Technical Services is now offering Electrical Test Engineer jobs with a premier client of ours in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
6-9 Month Contracts available with per diem options. Direct Hire opportunities are available towards individuals that match, or exceed applicable skill levels.
In this position, you will be responsible for developing test plans, writing test procedures, developing test fixtures, performing test activities and preparing test reports on med-high voltage systems.
VISA Sponsorship Not Available. Candidates must meet security standards as imposed by Department of Defense which includes; the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
These test activities are performed to verify that the components meet customer specification requirements. It’s strongly preferred that Test Engineers possess an engineering degree (electrical preferred) and have a minimum of 2 years of related experience. Board Level Testing, experience working with motors, drives, etc., Report Writing, Test Procedure Writing and overall product development towards Electrical Systems is what we’re ideally looking for.
- Responsible for technical activity and completion of assigned task on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments
- Ability to work independently, regular reporting of progress and status
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Participates in preparation of less complex proposals
- May provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 3 years’ of experience
- Competent technical expertise and application domain knowledge
- 3+ years’ of detailed test development experience, including proven analog and digital control circuit testing experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to aid interactions within Electrical Engineering, other internal departments and external customers
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to ensure multiple assignments are completed properly and on time
- Able to effectively multi-task and handle changing work assignments, schedules, and priorities
- Extensive PC skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Windows, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Technical Services family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-447-0515.
STS Technical Services is the leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Job ID: 40282