Engineering Systems Specialists
Engineering Systems SpecialistsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Engineering Systems Specialists in Columbia, South Carolina!
Do your friends and colleagues lean on you to assist them troubleshooting their hardware/software? Is it easy for you to break down technical language into terms anyone could understand? If so, we have a direct hire opening for a role that may be written specifically for the kind of person you are!
STS Technical Services has a permanent opening for an Engineering Systems Specialist for a global supplier of railway track maintenance systems. You’ll work hand in hand with clients, teaching them how to utilize the software purchased ensuring they realize its full benefits.
Although the role is within a Railway company, rail experience is NOT required.
The Engineering Systems Specialist will master all engineering software applications with the objective of optimizing and driving adoption of engineering systems and processes. This will entail collecting data to generate new procedures and standards, training users, and reducing/eliminating system/process inefficiencies to improve departmental performance. The Engineering Systems Specialist will work with wide variety of engineering software applications and processes while continuing to develop global engineering tools and processes.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement all engineering departmental software applications and processes that relate to engineering
- Develop, coordinate, and release best practices, processes, and all engineering department standards globally
- Drive departmental adoption for all engineering software applications and processes
- Collect, analyze, and report data from engineering software applications and users regarding user operations and performance issues
- Present system and performance information/metrics and respond to questions from groups of managers and general users
- Guide a team of super users in the different locations
- Guide engineering teams to master all features for engineering software applications such as Teamcenter, Solid Edge, JAMA, E3, project management software etc. with an overall goal of improving departmental efficiency
- Interact with the IT department to assure that all systems operate efficiently and system down time is minimized
- Develop, coordinate, and perform training of personnel globally
- Keep up with engineering software applications updates and new features.
- Provide periodic status updates on tasks and assigned projects
- Offer innovative solutions to technically complex engineering process problems
- Travel to other engineering locations, globally, to train users and work with all engineering managers and users to improve departmental efficiencies and standardization of processes
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an Engineering department with a manufacturing company
- Experience with requirement management software(s)
- Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiency using JAMA requirement management software
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling and PLM software. Solid Edge and Teamcenter experience preferred.
- Experience with time and tasks management software. Primavera experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Systems engineering principles and processes
- Knowledge of DFM, DFA, Design to Cost
- Experience in heavy mobile equipment industry
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles and processes
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma
- Interpersonal Skills:
- Demonstrated managerial, supervisory and leadership skills in a high-volume, fast-paced engineering and design environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and general users
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of the organization to achieve organizational objectives
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical data
- The ability to write in a clear and concise manner
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other departments.
- Ability to actively participate in multi-disciplined functional teams
- Ability to communicate project status updates in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PLM, requirements management tools, and project management applications
- The ability to effectively plan, organize and complete work with minimal supervision
- The ability to communicate complex technical information to other departments and functions
- Comfortable working in a matrix organization: The Engineering Systems Specialist must be able to work effectively with employees at all levels in different departments daily.
- Highly motivated to provide project deliverables on time and be able to establish priorities when multiple deliverables coincide
- Comfortable working in a heavy mobile equipment industry and working with different groups to address issues and implement process improvements
- Interest and ability to contribute to evolving work processes
- The ability to predictably and regularly attend work and to be punctual
- The ability to read and understand technical documents and drawings
- The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers, coworkers and suppliers
- The ability to perform several tasks at once and establish priorities
- The ability to follow direction or instruction
- The ability to use a computer to communicate, create, and access information
- The ability to travel via commercial airline and automobile up to 30% of the time
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.