Functional Safety Engineers
Functional Safety EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
Seeking a Functional Safety Engineer! Work for our premier client, who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar, company who has won numerous awards including; Glassdoor 2019 Best Places to Work, and 2019, 2020 & 2021. World’s Most Ethical Companies.
Why Should I Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 32 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2019, 2020 and 2021
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the development of high-quality software and components for Oshkosh Vehicles. As a Functional Safety Engineer, you will be working in a collaborative environment to apply software safety analysis and processes across multiple products to achieve the absence of unreasonable risk. This includes development of safety goals, architecture, and traceability of all safety work products throughout the product life cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and conduct evaluation of safety-critical control and software systems
- Lead safety analyses such as HARA, DFMEA, FTA, FMEDA
- Define, create, and maintain safety related work products
- Work directly with systems engineers and developers to design safety architectures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineer or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of functional safety standards such as ISO 26262 (parts 3,4,6)
- 2-5 years of vehicle requirements development experience
- Proficient with control system design and development
- Ability to interact across multiple engineering disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Requirements Management and modeling tools such as IBM DOORS, Medini, MagicDraw
- Proficient in SysML or similar modeling language
- Strong knowledge of IEC 61508 and/or Mil-STD-882
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.