STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Furnace Operators in Bayside, Wisconsin!
STS Technical Services is actively seeking highly reliable Furnace Operators that are interested in joining a growing and reputable organization.
Our ideal candidate demonstrates high energy, ambition and commitment to performance excellence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set gas flow and temperature for heat-treating furnaces. Monitor furnace temperature for specific heat treating jobs and make adjustments as needed according to product specifications after consulting with the lead or shift supervisor
- Set up and operate the Supers Line and other furnaces as needed
- Position products in baskets; load furnaces and time prescribed heating cycles to bring metal to proper temperatures; document procedures
- Monitors the condition of alloy tooling and other equipment, notify the shift supervisor when repairs and replacements are needed
- Performs repetitive work involving prescribed or established procedures
- Measure atmosphere dew point on furnace and gas generator to verify correct processing environment
- Use Brinell, Rockwell, and other testing devices to measure hardness of parts. Check parts for distortion before and after the heat-treating process
- Assist supervisor (i.e. evaluate history on prior heats) and set tempering temperature as necessary
- Daily check furnaces for maintenance problems; perform minor maintenance procedures
- Complete all necessary documentation and paperwork
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures
- Comply with all quality, safety, 5S and work rules and regulations
Qualifications / Prerequisites:
- Qualified Furnace Operator C; Has ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and percent
- Ability to read specifications and gauges
- Ability to complete standard production documentation
- Ability to use various hardness measuring devices to include Brinell, and Rockwell; ability to operator a forklift truck
- Ability to operate charge cars, overhead and jib cranes
- Ability to work in a very hot environment; and the ability to occasionally lift up to 40 lbs.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.