General Manager / Operations Managers
General Manager / Operations ManagersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring General Manager/Operations Managers in Windsor Locks, Connecticut.
Directly responsible for the P&L. Assuming leadership of the company by supporting the goals of Customer by driving sales and revenue the process/continuous improvement, cost reduction, efficiency, customer focus and creating a culture of employee engagement.
- Promote customer satisfaction, quality, return to service delivery in compliance with the regulatory authority (FAA, EASA, CAA), to provide best in class customer support for client
- Retain and acquire new customer loyalty through exceeding expectations and genuine relationships
- Develop and implement operational methods, standards, and procedures through planning, directing, controlling and leading by example
- Assist maintenance Sales and production departments in preparing proposals to internal and external customers by providing cost, methods, and labor estimation
- Provides for or personally directs training of supervisory and technical staff, develops cross-utilization training for technicians to refine present skill sets
- Advises and assists Supervisory personnel in revising production schedules and priorities to work around: shortages in manpower, equipment failures, discrepancies
- Development of secondary revenue streams or new business opportunities: component shop initialization with component research for repair
- Coordinate training
- Oversees invoice generation and posting to ensure accuracy, resolve disputes between customer and warranty programs, assist in the collection of past due accounts
- Participates and monitors Kaizen events, and P3E performance business criteria for Lean processes
- Acting Lean Cell Leader
- Assists in annual budgeting for hangar operations and ensures budget goals achieved with main objectives met
- Reviews, recommends, and establishes proposals for major companies
- Monitors and analyzes work performed to ensure quality output and effectiveness of the operations
- Provides resources for PPE, equipment, tooling, and materials needed to per environment
- Support Commercial, Defense, Demonstration, New, Pre-flown and Engineering groups with maintenance needs
- Conduct meetings with vendors looking for areas of business opportunities, and expanded customer support
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant license, FAA Inspection Authorization
- Bachelor of Science in Aviation Maintenance Management
- 18 years in the field with 11 years in various aircraft maintenance management roles.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Airframe and Power Plant license
- Knowledge and understanding of the Federal Aviation Authority rules and regulations
- Ability to repair aircraft mechanical systems, components, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, electrical, and riggings, inspect aircraft systems, parts, and components.
- Experience using power, pneumatic, hand tools and other diagnostic equipment or specialized equipment.
- Can effectively manage and lead others.
- Strong customer relations skill-set, communication, people management, and customer service abilities.
- Computer system knowledge with emphasis on Microsoft Office, Excel, Lotus Notes, Component Control programs.
- Experience reading, interpreting, and executing blue prints, drawings, and technical data.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strives for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
To learn more about this position, feel free to speak to a Recruitment Professional by calling us at 1-800-359-4787.