STS Technical Services now offers General Worker jobs with a valued client of ours, Wacker Neuson, in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
The General Worker’s primary role is to perform routine duties in any department which do not require special skill or training. Duties may include janitorial tasks, utility work, and simple or minor repair, mechanical, or assembly tasks with assistance as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gets work assignment from Supervisor, Lead person or scheduling tool
- Follows work instructions or available procedures for all assigned tasks
- Performs general cleaning in any department or area as needed
- Operates and maintains sweeper and scrubber
- Collects, compacts and disposes of trash
- Performs test and titration of washing solutions and coolants and maintains proper levels of concentration
- Performs minor mechanical duties and basic maintenance work, with assistance as needed
- Assists in paint department by hanging and/or removing parts, preparing parts for painting, and counting parts
- Assists in any department or area needing general labor
- Assists in removal of laser-nested components
- Prepares the surfaces of fabricated components in preparation to paint
- Performs housekeeping duties
- Must be able to safely place and remove hooks to/from conveyor
- Must be able to load / unload components onto hooks by hand or jib crane
- Where required, reach to place and remove masking material on components
- Must be able to safely use a compressed air gun to dry off washed components
- Must be able to safely use pneumatic grinders/sanders to prepare components for paint
- Must be able to reach, use hand tools to remove components from laser nests, and physically carry the parts from the nesting sheet to table, pallet, tote, etc.
- English literacy
- Basic math skills / ability to do this job
- Manual dexterity
- Physical ability to do the job
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Proficiency in using basic gauges and measuring instruments
STS Technical Services is the leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at 1-800-447-0515. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!
Job ID: 39783