Ground Support Equipment Technicians
Ground Support Equipment TechniciansSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Ground Support Equipment Technicians in Nashville, Tennessee.
Perform routine preventive maintenance on equipment to ensure that machines continue to run efficiently and smoothly.
- Inspect electrical connections, wiring, relays, charging resistance boxes, and batteries, following wiring diagrams.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Record production, repair, and machine maintenance information.
- Clean machines and machine parts, using cleaning solvents, cloths, air guns, vacuums or other equipment.
- Clean or lubricate vehicles, machinery, equipment, instruments, tools using hand tools, power tools, and cleaning equipment.
- Disassemble broken or defective equipment in order to facilitate repair.
- Install or replace machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts using hand tools or power tools.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inventory and requisition machine parts, equipment, and other supplies.
- Assist in preparation, inspection, equipment assemblies and components that offer risks to people and environments.
- Check validity dates on all accessories and components of special equipment.
- Apply requirements in standards and procedures of special equipment.
- Ensure and control validity dates of all accessories and components of special equipment.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School/ GED
- Advanced Technician Role, requiring Advanced Skills to perform all standard tasks within the Technical Area assigned to.
- Generally at least 5-7 years of experience in area of responsibility
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Need to have experience with hand tools and pneumatic tools.
- High degree of technical aptitude and skill to learn the function and repair of plant production equipment.
- Self starter able to take direction, problem solves to repair and maintain equipment and systems.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position, must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 “Respirator Protection” regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to Mindy.Paolini@ststechnicaljobs.com