Compliance EngineerSTS Technincal Services
STS Aviation Services
Hiring Note: All candidates must have the right to work in the United Kingdom for any employer.
STS Aviation Services is rapidly growing, and we are looking for new team members to be part of our journey as the leading UK MRO. If you want to be part of the next chapter of our journey playing a key role at our Birmingham Hangar then we’d love to hear from you.
We are recruiting for a Compliance Engineer in our Birmingham Hangar. This is a hugely exciting time to join us, so if you want to join a growing, dynamic organisation, where you have opportunity to make a real difference, we want to hear from you.
As a Compliance Engineer you will report to the Head of Compliance. This role requires the successful candidate to carry out the day-to-day operation of the Quality System. The role will work across the organisation supporting Civil compliance activities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure full compliance with CAA/EASA Part 145 and remain continually aware of any changes to regulations.
- Production and implementation of the Part 145 audit programme.
- Ensure Safety and Compliance Audits as prescribed by the Audit Plan.
- Carry out unplanned Quality audits as and when requested by the Accountable Manager, or Nominated Post Holders.
- Report any findings or concerns to the Accountable Manager or Nominated Post Holders.
- Ensure the adequate and appropriate closure of audit findings with respect to root cause analysis, corrective and preventative actions within the timescales as identified.
- Management of the Part 145 certifying staff authorisation system.
- Compile submissions for MOE revisions as required. This is to include Form 3 submissions.
- Manage the CAA/EASA forms as used by STS ensuring that they have form numbers and revision details as required.
- Management and welfare of staff working in the CAA Part 145 Department at STS UK Locations.
- Ensure that the Part 145 Department complies with Customer Quality Requirements.
- Point of contact for the STS SMS Programme from the CAA/EASA perspective.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Detailed knowledge of EASA / MRP Part 145 and its practical application.
- Experienced and competent Investigator.
- Received formal aviation technical training.
- Current in Human Factors (HF), Fuel Tank Safety (FTS) and Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) training.
- Previous auditor experience in an aviation environment.
- Eligible to qualify for and hold UK airside security passes, as per DFT regulations.
- Full, clean UK Driving License.
- Passport enabling travel to the locations as required by STS as part of the role.
- Understanding of the staff certification authorisation process.
- Proficient IT skills in Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint).
About STS Aviation Services:
STS Aviation Services operates four state-of-the-art aircraft hangars, two interior modification facilities and more than 40 line maintenance stations both stateside and aboard. These facilities, and the expert personnel that call each home, fuel the company’s drive to seamlessly blend a growing portfolio of MRO services to deliver all-encompassing aircraft maintenance, engineering and modification solutions to the global aviation industry.
To learn more about STS Aviation Services and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call +44 (0) 7599 654 660.