Satellite Manager (PWK)
Satellite Manager (PWK)STS Technincal Services
West Star Aviation
STS Technical Services is hiring a Satellite Manager in East Alton, Illinois.
Serve as the primary point-of-contact and manage all aspects of the satellite operation at PWK. This position is based on site at the PWK – Chicago Satellite facility with some travel needed to meet or exceed customer, people, financial, quality and safety standards. Occasional attendance may be required for key industry events and/or customer outings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the development and ongoing management of PWK satellites operations including manpower staffing, customer relations and support, quality and safety.
- Ensure on-call / after-hours process is developed to ensure sufficient rotation of assignments between technicians along with customer support for pre/post flight checks and AOG situations.
- Ensure adequate technician hiring, training and development of the team at the PWK satellite to ensure work is performed at the highest technical levels and in accordance with aircraft specific maintenance manuals, WSA standard operating procedures, repair station manuals, quality and safety standards.
- Ensure aircraft schedules are developed from pre-planning, to aircraft delivery and follow-up to support on time deliveries.
- Communicate with Billing for the review and approval of final invoices.
- Coordinate with Accounting, Quality, HR, IT and Purchasing for support out of the ALN location.
- Oversee standard employee management duties such as performance and compensation reviews, on the job training and development. Provide recommendations on all other employment matters such as hiring, disciplinary issues, promotions and terminations.
- Encourage and promote a safe work environment to include proper use of all PPE, operation of ground support equipment, aircraft systems and general housekeeping.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelors/ Associates degree preferred OR comparable years of service managing people and/or 145 service center environment
- A&P License Required
- Have fundamental understanding of financial reports / spreadsheets.
- 10 years progressive aircraft maintenance or avionics experience in a part 145 service center environment along with 10 years of experience leading teams.
- Strong knowledge of part 145 Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers and all levels of the WSA management team.
- Ability to modify communication, tone, and presentation to defuse crisis situations with customers, employees and / or other departments and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.