STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Account Managers in Melbourne, Florida.
The Accounting Manager will oversee the accounting department and be responsible for its output and quality. The Accounting Manager will have knowledge of all areas of accounting and be able to communicate effectively to upper management.
- Supervise and monitor the Accounting functions and processes.
- Advise and consult with management on project milestones, schedule and cost slippage to ensure efficiency and productivity.
- Generate timely financial statements and reports.
- Create and apply fiscal controls and procedures.
- Supervise Accounts Receivable function
- Maintain communication with the executive management team, providing relevant fiscal information.
- Recommend organization and system changes to ensure project savings are identified and realized.
- Prepare monthly reports.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills: must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving
- Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
- Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in Accounting from four-year college or university;
- At least 8 years of related experience, preferable in government accounting.
- At least 1 to 2 years of supervisory / managerial experience in accounting.
- CPA or actively pursing certification is preferred
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft product skills.
- CostPoint experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of government contract accounting
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.