STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Accounting Analysts in Jacksonville, Florida.
Supports the finance department by preparing, compiling and analyzing financial documents in one or more functional areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports the finance department by preparing, compiling and analyzing financial documents in one or more functional areas.
- Audit and approve weekly timekeeping and expense reports within FAR/DFAR guidelines
- Prepares and reconciles closing reports, cash payments, disbursement and system data reports.
- Processes accounts payable vouchers, journal entries, intercompany offset documents and general ledger account clearing.
- Utilizes computer systems to make entries, prepare reports, and track payments.
- Examines and verifies financial documents and reports.
- Assists with invoice coding, processing and data entry.
- Reviews and analyze Deltek/Costpoint expense accounts for purposes of verifying account coding and company placement.
- Downloads and distributes SAP/Deltek/Costpoint reports.
- Files reports as well as all accounting documents produced by the finance department.
- Maintains and organizes the file room.
- Performs other general administrative tasks to support the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in Finance or Accounting required. BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting or Related Field preferred.
- Generally at least 3 years of experience in area of responsibility preparing, compiling, and analyzing reports, and documents related to financial information.
- Demonstrates correct understanding of routine aspects of work.
- Basic financial fundamentals and techniques
- Cash flow/accounts payable/receivable/ payment follow-up techniques, cost center accounting, reconciliation techniques
- 1 to 2 year(s) of experience in CAS compliant environment is preferred
- Experience with US government cost-reimbursement contracts, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal
- Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and DFAR is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access).
- SAP/Deltek experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills and detailed oriented.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.