Accounts Payable Specialists
Accounts Payable SpecialistsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Accounts Payable Specialists in Jacksonville, Florida.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Verifies the information obtained from payment vouchers, invoices/credit memos, accounting entries, cash receipts and other documents received, based on existing procedures.
- Enters data into computer system using SAP and Microsoft Excel; compiles data and prepares a variety of reports.
- Processes accounts payable vouchers, journal entries, intercompany offset documents and general ledger account clearing.
- Interfaces with vendors and with all company units and/or departments in order to obtain resolutions for invoice discrepancies, as well as to communicate recommended solutions for outstanding invoices.
- Resolves low-level complexity issues with general ledger entries and vouchers, issuing letters / memos / faxes or emails to provide the necessary corrections.
- Proposes solutions to the immediate superior for more complex issues.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts to have current and accurate records of all outstanding parts and balances.
- Enters in SAP data relevant to part number and purchasing data.
- Maintains weekly check run process. Verifies, separates and classifies them.
- Follows up on AP due dates based on information from reports and invoice consultations, in order to ensure payment within established terms and conditions.
- Files reports as well as all accounting documents produced by the finance department.
- Maintains and organizes the file room.
- Performs other general administrative tasks to support the department.
- Exercise diligence and maintain professional skepticism when performing and overseeing the activities and processes under his/ her responsibility, including but not limited to: (I) maintaining focus on attention to the accuracy and validity of data; (II) requesting additional documents when necessary in order to support these analyses; (III) identifying, communicating, escalating and assisting with the resolution of for potential “red flags”, and/or issues related to compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures. Diligence and professional skepticism should be applied regardless of prior reviews and approvals
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School/GED Required
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in accounts payable analysis, classification, and reconciliation
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable techniques.
- Exceptional knowledge of computer general ledger packages desired.
- Understanding of data processing related to accounts payable recordkeeping and reporting.
- Understanding of theories, principles, and practices of accounting, budgets, finance, and financial recordkeeping.
- Ability to conduct financial analysis and research.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financials.
- Ability to interact and communicate (orally and in writing) with individuals at all levels of the organization, vendors, and company contacts.
- SAP and Deltek/CostPoint experience and strong computer skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Strong analytical skills and detailed oriented.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.