Accounts Payable Specialists
Accounts Payable SpecialistsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Accounts Payable Specialists in Nashville, Tennessee.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Verifies the information obtained from payment vouchers, invoices/credit memos, accounting entries, cash receipts and other documents received, based on existing procedures.
- Enters data into computer system using SAP and Microsoft Excel; compiles data and prepares a variety of reports.
- Processes accounts payable vouchers, journal entries, intercompany offset documents and general ledger account clearing.
- Interfaces with vendors and with all company units and/or departments in order to obtain resolutions for invoice discrepancies, as well as to communicate recommended solutions for outstanding invoices.
- Resolves low-level complexity issues with general ledger entries and vouchers, issuing letters / memos / faxes or e-mails to provide the necessary corrections.
- Proposes solutions to the immediate superior for more complex issues.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts to have current and accurate records of all outstanding parts and balances.
- Enters in SAP data relevant to part number and purchasing data.
- Maintains weekly check run process. Verifies, separates and classifies them.
- Follows up on AP due dates based on information from reports and invoice consultations, in order to ensure payment within established terms and conditions.
- Files reports as well as all accounting documents produced by the finance department.
- Maintains and organizes the file room.
- Performs other general administrative tasks to support the department.
- High School Diploma.
- An Associate Degree or Technical Certification is common at this level but not absolutely required.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in accounts payable analysis, classification, and reconciliation.
- Assignments require thorough knowledge of all possible tasks and responsibilities. > Skills are effectively applied in accomplishing all tasks.
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate people management skills (HR guidelines, tools & policies), value based management fundamentals (Shareholder Satisfaction x Customer Satisfaction x Employee Satisfaction), employment law (sexual harassment, disability, discrimination, labor laws, etc.)
- Business vision & competitiveness skills (Managing innovation, the customer service, growth, and creativity).
- Proficient in Internet Explorer, Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access), Lotus Notes, SAP, ENS, and company policies and procedures.
- Exceptional knowledge of computer general ledger packages desired.
- Understanding of data processing related to accounts payable recordkeeping and reporting.
- Understanding of theories, principles, and practices of accounting, budgets, finance, and financial recordkeeping.
- Ability to conduct financial analysis and research.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financials.
- Ability to interact and communicate (orally and in writing) with individuals at all levels of the organization, vendors, and company contacts.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.