Aerospace Design Engineers III
Aerospace Design Engineers IIISTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aerospace Design Engineers III in Atlanta, Georgia.
We are a premiere staffing agency providing high-paying contract and direct-hire employment opportunities. We’d love to partner with you to help you take your career to new heights. Check out the following information about this incredible employment opportunity we have right now with a great client of ours based in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Aerospace Design Engineer is responsible for the engineering, designing, and drafting of tools, gages, lifting devices, work platforms, tail docks, and fall restraint systems to support maintenance on our ground support equipment, aircraft fleets, components, and engine types throughout company operations.
The Aerospace Design Engineer must have experience in custom design of machinery, tools and prototypes that ensure full adherence to all safety and compliance regulations and standards.
Job Duties & Requirements:
A broad scope of CAD design capabilities are required including:
- The generation of 3-D solid models using Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks
- These models are utilized for functions including but not limited to Finite Element Analysis, CNC tool paths, 3-D printing and 2-D manufacturing drawings
- Additionally, creative problem solving skills are required and are used to resolve complex repair problems in which a solution is undefined
- The Design Analyst is a technical representative of company Tooling Services
- A qualified applicant must be able to professionally interact with vendors, engineering firms, fabrication and machine shops, and departmental personnel throughout the company
- The Design Analyst must have both Mechanical and Structural skills
- The Mechanical element includes the designing of jigs, fixtures and gagging
- These tools are designed using manufacturer’s part prints, overhaul manual criteria, authorized repair documents, AD Notes and any other applicable information important to the function of the tool
- The Structural element includes the design and analysis of maintenance work stands, tail docks and lifting/handling devices
- All structural designs must adhere to all applicable standards such as those set forth by AISC (American Institute of Steel Construction), ANSI (American National Standards Institute), AWS D1.1 (Structural Welding Code) and our client’s SPM (Safety Policy Manual)
- The Design Analyst is also responsible for the review and implementation of OEM tool change bulletins
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.