Aerospace Project Engineers
Aerospace Project EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aerospace Project Engineers in Fort Worth, Texas.
The Project Engineer will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team including engineers, supply chain, integrated operation and finance to manage the program from current phase to completion. Specific assignation on the development program: The Project Engineer will be managing work packages related to design, stress analysis and fatigue testing on rotor / drive components. This role will be in Bells Commercial Business Center, just south of the DFW Airport.
- Must have Project Management experience, Aerospace Engineering Experience – Preferred Aerospace Design Engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Enovia, SAP, Primavera or MS Project are a plus.
- At least 2 years of engineering experience in relevant or related area, with at least 1 year of project management experience
- Broad Knowledge of all Engineering Disciplines related to Helicopter design, analysis, testing, fabrication, and commercial certification
- Requirements Analysis skills, Aerospace Design knowledge, Project Management skills, Knowledge of standard manufacturing processes, Process Improvement skills, Technical Understanding of rotorcraft
- Solid project management experience and project management software
- Ability to influence direction of program or drive decisions
- Ability to drive the development of technical solutions to complex problems, using ingenuity and creativity
- Demonstrated leadership in a matrixed environment, with challenging goals/objectives
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated team building and coordination skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Plan, organize and manage technical projects from conception to completion in the high-pace and demanding world of product development
- The project engineer on the commercial development team is responsible for analyzing multiple product options including technical feasibility / scope / schedule / budget, building full program plans and executing projects to plan to use modernized project management tools along with supporting bids and proposals for both customer contracts and external funding opportunities
- The role involves a high degree of ambiguity and requires creativity in determining solutions along with the engineering team to meet multi-disciplinary problems faced when looking at increasing revenue and profitability of the commercial business
- Capture process and product requirements defined by Subject Matter Experts
- Coordinate engineering efforts to complete the development of engineering design
- Coordinate design reviews based on engineering design and requirements
- Coordinate the integration of changes into the production line
- Coordinate with multiple departments (engineering – all disciplines, manufacturing, procurement, finance, marketing, strategy, IT, technical publications, customer support, integrated operations, quality, contracts), customers, suppliers and partners from different locations
- Coordinate the engineering/planning change process and configuration management tasks required
- Create project plans (using planning tools, phased/gated approach), determine required deliverables, assign resources and estimate tasks
- Manage and control quality, tests and certification, requirements, risks and contingency plans, budget, deliverables, project changes
- Contribute to project management tools and processes and shared lessons learned
- Monitor project progress and report project performance status (cost and schedule earned values)
- Build and provide presentations to senior management for on-going bids as well as for program status
- BS Engineering, or Technical Degree (MS or MBA preferred).
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.