Aftermarket Service Managers
Aftermarket Service ManagersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aftermarket Service Managers in Hauppauge, New York.
Responsible to achieve aftermarket service center financial and customer service goals in coordination with the assigned Fluid Systems division site(s). Acts as the deputy customer contact for Commercial repairs, aftermarket products and services including product repair order exchanges, warranty adjudication, contract & pricing negotiations and execution to contractual commitments. Provides support and coordination between division site and Customer Support Operations. May work closely with CSO Commercial and Military business teams as assigned to maximize aftermarket revenues and provides input into short and long-term sales forecasts. Supports leadership for a customer service team located at a site or a small division in a Deputy Customer Service Administrator role. Coordinates across internal teams on customer and operational requirements. Serves as a liaison and has regular interaction with customers. Typically reports through a team leader but may be a direct report to Customer Support division staff.
- May support site or division aftermarket demand projections and coordination of establishing sales plans and outlooks. Makes recommendations and provides input to Military and Commercial aftermarket sales and earnings plans as assigned by Manager
- Supports service center activities to achieve the annual sales plan; may be assigned to monitor backlog and order status throughout the year and coordinate recovery actions as needed to meet or exceed sales and earnings objectives.
- May be assigned to support sales opportunities for Product Improvement and Retrofit (PI&R), long-term maintenance agreements, supports business development activities in coordination with aftermarket business teams and ensures that organizational objectives are accomplished.
- Participates in and may lead contract reviews as assigned. Participates in negotiations for flow down of terms and conditions for Product Support Agreements (PSA) and Entry into Service requirements. Consults and may provide guidance and interpretation on aftermarket contract terms and conditions (e.g. warranty provisions; maintenance agreements) and pricing to become the expert in assigned division products.
- Supports efficient customer service operations including order administration, order status, problem resolution, technical support, and expedited Aircraft of Ground (AOG) support. May be requested to coordinate service center team(s) to maximize effectiveness and assure compliance to internal and external requirements (e.g. export compliance). Will be assigned customer accounts and provide customer service administrative support as required to meet commercial repair volume and ensure required customer service levels. This position is expected to be the deputy to the division site ASM and to eventually become the division site ASM successor.
- Learn to manage the department budget and become familiar with human resource needs (e.g. staffing, training, compensation, etc.). Will be requested to coordinate with leadership as required in the evaluation and provides performance feedback to ensure individual and team results meet objectives. Communicates and implements actions to ensure company values and company policies are well understood and maintained (e.g. business ethics; integrity; inclusion).
- Will support the oversite on key KPI’s and generate reports on aftermarket sales, customer service metrics and support the analysis of issues and develops plans to correct deficiencies and prioritize efforts.
- Support the input through demand planning and coordinates with aftermarket material planners to ensure forecasting and sales objectives are met. Supports Sales and Operating Planning for site and division process and coordination. Support the monitoring of inventory needs and provides recommendations to meet sales and customer service needs. (e.g. required rotable quantities; exchanges).
- As required and assigned coordination of technical customer support activities with Customer Service Engineers to address field performance issues on division site products and assists in risk mitigation plans in support of customer service.
- As assigned, coordination of customer site visits, support audits, regulatory reviews, and high-level communication and provide a deputy capacity back-up for the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline. M.B.A. preferred.
- Eight or more years of experience in aerospace or a similar high-tech industry including two or more years leading projects involving customer interface and negotiation.
- Ability to foster teamwork and inclusion with diverse groups of employees. Ability to guide and develop the team by providing effective coaching, feedback, and recognition. Maintains open communication within the team and other business areas.
- Knowledge and broad understanding of company products and services, regulations, and policies related to customer support for airline, military or OEM customers.
- Knowledge of contractual terms and financial modeling methods (e.g. pricing; cost analysis). Ability to research and compare proposals based on prior contract negotiations.
- Knowledge of program management principles and related business processes and procedures, including technical and business proposal development. Proficient in the use of standard and specialized software applications and reporting tools.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Ability to resolve or refer customer issues to the appropriate internal resource; communicates in an effective manner with internal teams and leadership.
- Ability to develop responses to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies (e.g. ITAR export requirements), or members of the business community for review by senior management.
- Interfaces effectively with all levels within customer and entities.
- Effectively presents information to management and customers.
- Overnight, long-distance travel may be required.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.