STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Assemblers in Charleston, South Carolina!
Performs routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations.
- Performs routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations.
- Suitable candidates will have ONE year of direct Aerospace Test Experience as a minimum requirement, and preferably have THREE years of solid Aerospace Test Experience.
- CANDIDATES WITHOUT AEROSPACE TEST EXPERIENCE will NOT be considered, unless they have completed a relevant aerospace manufacturing program (ex. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Trident Technical College, Pittsburg Aeronautical Institute, etc.)
- Aerospace test experience should include Flight controls, Gear Swings, Upjack, general electrical systems, avionics, software loading, IFE, HIRF, Oil On, Engine Run, ICS vacuum testing, hydraulic pleasure testing
- Candidates will be expected to perform and complete tests on all airplane systems, including but not limited to Oxygen, IFE, hydraulic, ICS, PECS, Low/Med/High Pressure, Fuel Tank, Avionics, Fiber Optics, Electrical, HIRF by using delicate calibrated testing equipment.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 or more years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Lift less than 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension
- Contact with sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
- Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required
- Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
- Read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
- Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
- Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
- On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
- Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
- Frequent walking on flat surfaces
- Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
- Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
- Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
- Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
- Occasional contact with metals
- Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions
- Frequent exposure to noise
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.