Website STS Technical Services
- Performs routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations
- Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, etc. to install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of wire provisions, wire bundles and harnesses, power feeders, signal data lines, and fiber optic harnesses requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations
- Install cables and wire bundles when similar in complexity and incidental but necessary to the expeditious accomplishment of work assignment
- Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with Boeing procedures
- Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc., as outlined by Lead
- Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions
- Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time
- Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards. Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area
- Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs
- Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required
- Frequent overhead work may be required
- Frequent overtime may be required
- Lift less than 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension
- Contact with sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
- Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
- Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
- Read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
- Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
- Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
- On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
- Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
- Frequent walking on flat surfaces
- Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
- Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
- Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
- Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
- Occasional contact with metals
- Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions
- Frequent exposure to noise
- Variable Shifts, 1st, 2nd, 3rd as needed; must be available to work any shift assigned
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.