Aircraft Assembly Technicians
Aircraft Assembly TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
If rewarding company culture and career growth are terms that pique your professional interests, then you’re going to want to perk up and pay attention to the following…
STS Technical Services is now hiring Aircraft Assembly Technicians in Sylmar, California.
We offer a competitive pay rates and amazing employee benefits, alongside the opportunity to work with some truly incredible people.
Performs simple production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations. Performs a variety of technical manufacturing production assembly operations where accurate visual acuity and manual dexterity are required to fabricate production solar cell assemblies and solar panels for space applications.
- Perform hand soldering, wire harness assembly and component bonding
- Complete administrative functions relating to accurate documentation
- Operates tools and equipment such as wire strippers, crimpers, solder iron, wire identification and associated tools
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety regulations
- Demonstrated experience using a computer to look up and record information (Excel)
- This position requires the ability to work first or second shift
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and work instructions
- Familiar with soldering, wire harness assembly and component bonding
- Reliable, mechanically inclined, detail orientated
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and displays a positive attitude
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Work overtime as required
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 lbs.
- Must wear a smock, hair cover, and gloves during work
- Excellent manual dexterity to manipulate and move parts and hand tools needed for performing the job
- Requires accurate visual acuity
At STS Technical Services, we treat our employees like family. We nurture and guide their careers down the path of success and promise to work with them every step of the way to ensure prolonged professional happiness and complete job satisfaction.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Technical School preferred
- Certified in the following:
- Polymeric Application (NASA-STD-8739.1A)
- Soldering (NASA-STD-8739.3)
- Crimp & Wire Routing (NASA-STD-8739.4)
- Experience in electronics and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Experience in manufacturing assembly related work
- Trade skills training or manufacturing experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Applications
- Familiarity with solar cell and solar panel manufacturing processes
- Experience reading detailed assembly drawings and understanding the basics of geometrical dimensioning and tolerance (GDT)
- Knowledge of Lean Mfg. ISO9001 and AS9100 concepts and practices
Not only is STS Technical Services widely considered one of the premiere staffing organizations in the country, we’ve also been honored with multiple awards recognizing us as innovators and leaders throughout the recruiting industry.
If you or someone you know is interested in learning more, we encourage you to share this post across your social media channels or simply apply on this page. For questions, please call 1-800-359-4787.