STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Buyers in Greensboro, North Carolina.
The Aircraft Buyer is responsible for procuring non-aircraft goods and services in support of business operations. Examples of non-aircraft goods and services include supplies, equipment, tooling, software, marketing materials, training, and facilities maintenance.
- Works with internal customers to understand business requirements and ensure compliance with company’s procurement policies.
- Communicates quote requests and purchase requirements to suppliers.
- Reviews purchase requisitions for accuracy.
- Creates and administers purchase orders.
- Maintains accurate and organized purchasing files.
- Negotiates with suppliers to obtain optimal pricing, delivery dates, and purchase order terms.
- Resolves invoice discrepancies.
- Prepares supporting documents and materials during the procurement process.
- Compile supplier performance metrics (with feedback from internal customers) for communication to department management and suppliers.
- Assist procurement colleagues with research, presentations, reports, projects and meetings.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities for the department and company.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university is required.
- Concentration in Business or Supply Chain is preferred. Minimum of 2+ years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, or a related field is required.
- 8+ years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, or a related field is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; balance multiple priorities; and complete assignments and tasks to deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, internal customers, and suppliers.
- Ability to work independently and within a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to research, analyze data, and present conclusions.
- Experience with indirect procurement is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience using SAP is preferred.
- Ability to travel occasionally on company business.
- Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
- Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, climb ladders, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
- Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
- Effectively communicate in Business English language.
- Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
- Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs. or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided “reach assistance technology” or “movement assist technology” (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly’s, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.