Aircraft Component Repair Technicians (REQ# 181941)
Aircraft Component Repair Technicians (REQ# 181941)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Component Repair Technicians in Savannah, Georgia.
Under close supervision, repair and overhaul internal and external aircraft assemblies, subassemblies and components in accordance with Gulfstream Repair Station requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and apply basic skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization.
- Perform repairs of mechanical and electrical assemblies and subassemblies through removals, repair or replacement of defective parts and/or fabrication of replacement parts, and installations in accordance with blueprints, component maintenance manuals, vendor documents, verbal instructions, engineering dispositions, On The Job Training (OJT), and other authorized maintenance data.
- All activities to be in accordance with Repair Station requirements ensuring all parts and assemblies meet conformance.
- Set up and operate necessary test equipment in accordance with required. documentation to perform functional and operational tests of mechanical and electrical aircraft components for return to service.
- Inspect all detail parts using blueprints, component and/or overhaul manuals and other required. maintenance data to ensure conformity requirements are met.
- Maintain and utilize all required. paperwork in accordance with FAA Repair Station requirements.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area including test equipment and peripherals.
- Comply with all company and legislative environmental health and safety regulations.
- Remove skins and related components on flight controls and secondary structure components, locate and install/reinstall parts.
- Remove and install APUs and perform all required. APU maintenance for all Gulfstream aircraft models.
- Read and understand Gulfstream and Honeywell Maintenance Manuals regarding APU maintenance and repair.
- Fabricate and repair sheetmetal and associated mechanical parts, components and/or equipment by rolling, shrinking, stretching, braking, riveting or other mechanical means.
- Fabricate and repair wiring and electrical assemblies and harnesses utilizing acceptable repair and fabrication processes including splicing, soldering, and pinning of wires.
- Demonstrate effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including troubleshooting, soldering and application of protective coatings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must possess basic understanding of shop math.
- Sheet Metal (production and/or fabrication) and/or hydraulic overhaul experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge and experience with electrical theory and wiring preferred.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.